Sunday, January 10, 2010
Pacquiao will fight Joshua Clottey Instead of Mayweather & Check Out the New 2010 Laws
10) Woman claims to have a sex video of Tiger Woods. Steven Hirsch, co-chairman of porn giant Vivid Entertainment, told TMZ a woman approached him with a tape in mid-December claiming she had a sex video of Tiger Woods shot two years ago. Hirsch says his people have seen a 30-second clip of the sex tape, but can't confirm if the man is actually the golf champion. Tiger Woods, you are burned for LIFE!
9) Tuesday ESPN and Discovery Communications announced plans to launch the industry's first 3D television networks. They will introduce a 3D network this summer, while Discovery is joining forces with Sony and Imax for a 3D network to launch in 2011. It will feature at least 85 live sporting events during its first year, beginning June 11 with the first 2010 FIFA World Cup match South Africa vs. Mexico. To watch viewers must have a 3D-ready TV set, and might need a new set-top box. And yes, you also need to wear 3D glasses. Sounds kind of cool, but I’m still OK with regular HD. Eventually there’s going to be a TV where the viewer could actually go inside the screen. Who knows how successful this 3D launch will be especially since you need to buy all sorts of extra stuff.
8) Last year, Apple blessed the world by the unveiling of the iPhone, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. This year there was a lot of speculation about a tablet for the Mac line. If true I can’t wait to get my hands on one. Check out the must see link below. The tablet looks super cool.
7) With a new year comes a list of new laws. Check out this list 1070 KNX Radio posted on their site, http://www.knx1070.com/pages/6018233.php? There’s all types of laws, from California restaurants being banned using oil, margarine and shortening containing trans fats to illegal dogfights fines being increased. Good I hate animal abusers.
6) “Lost” fans are angry about President Obama’s decision about possibly delivering his first State of the Union on Feb. 2, which happens to be the final season premiere of the ABC drama that is slated to air that evening. Hard core fans have launched a protest on Twitter against the potential scheduling conflict. The State of the Union is typically delivered in late January, and networks anticipated this year's speech would fall on Jan. 26, the Washington Post reports. However, Twitter users are angry that Jan. 26 will conflict with “America Idol”. For Gods sake people, don’t you think the State of the Union speech is just a tiny bit more important? Obama you can’t please everyone, nothing will happen if they don’t watch their favorite show that day.
5) Yankees player Derek Jeter and actress Minka Kelly are to wed, The New York Post is reporting that the couple have settled on November 5 wedding date. I didn’t even know Jeter had a girlfriend. The press tends to always focus more on teammate Alex Rodriguez. This is a shocker for me I thought Jeter would never get married. Jeter was rumored to previously date Mariah Carey, Miss Universe Lara Dutta, Joy Enriquez, Jordana Brewster, Scarlett Johansson, Gabrielle Union, Jessica Alba, Vanessa Minillo and Jessica Biel. I am very happy he finally found the one. Congrats to both.
4) Jay Leno’s primetime show is being canceled, NBC confirmed Saturday. “The Jay Leno Show” will end with the Feb. 12 start of the prime-time Winter Olympics coverage, said NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin. While Leno and “Tonight” host Conan O’Brien had yet to accept the network’s new time-slot proposals last night, NBC reportedly wants to move Leno’s show from 10 p.m. to 11:35 p.m., condensing it to a half-hour. This sucks for Leno and O’Brian, I must have been one of the few who actually enjoyed the new set up, but ratings call the shots. Sorry to hear the bad news & good luck to both.
3) Pacquiao vs. Mayweather appears to be dead. Instead of fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao will be matching up with Joshua Clottey on March 13 at Cowboy’s Stadium in Dallas. Mayweather still wants to fight on that same date at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, which is where the original fight was supposed to take place.
Mayweather blames the cancelling of the on Pacquiao and his camp. Mayweather demanded blood-testing stipulations that were above and beyond the minimum Nevada Athletic Commission’s standards and wanted regular blood testing right up until the day of the match. Pacquiao asked for a 30-day cutoff prior to the contest. Mayweather contends that he agreed to a 14-day compromise, but that has not yet been confirmed. This is very disappointing news, I really wanted to see Pacquiao beat Mayweather. Money-mayweather why don't you stop winning and just fight.
2) Democrat Senator Harry Reid Sunday apologized to President Obama on Saturday over remarks published in a new book calling Obama a "light-skinned" black man "with no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one." Now The Republican Party chief called on Senator Harry Reid Sunday to step down as Senate majority leader over racial comments about Obama, while Democrats tried to put the issue behind them. What an idiot! What the hell is Negro “dialect”? Some people are so ignorant. Big Mistake Reid. What do you think, should he step down as senator?
1) My favorite of this week is “The Simpsons” 450th episode celebrating of the show's 20th anniversary , which aired on Sunday. Can you believe The Simpsons have been on the air for two decades?! Imagine the world with out the most popular American family; it would be chaos. “The Simpsons” 20th Anniversary Special! In 3D! On Ice!, was directed, written and hosted by Supersize Me film maker Morgan Spurlock, which aired straight after the anniversary episode. It was awesome. Spurlock was very lucky to host this special, he had the opportunity to do massive research on everything you can think about that deals with "The Simpsons". It’s a must see special. My favorite character is Bart but I love my Latino paisano the Bumbleebee Man. Who is your favorite Simpson character?
Posted by Anabell Romero at 10:54 PM