Sunday, January 3, 2010
From Crack Head Getting Caught Cooking Meth In His Car to David Guetta’s Kick Ass Performance
10) Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves have welcomed their second child, a baby girl. For many this may not be to important but I don’t care because this is my blog! McConaughey announced on his website Sunday: "Happy New Year everybody!!! On Sunday, Jan. 3rd at 12:13am, Camila gave birth to a healthy 7lb. 7oz. baby girl named "Vida Alves McConaughey”. Cute name! Vida, which in Spanish & Portuguese means Life.
9) "Avatar" had another stellar weekend with $68.3 million domestically, shooting past $1 billion worldwide, only the fifth movie ever to hit that mark. If you haven’t watched Avatar, you suck! This movie is incredible. I’m not big on sci-fi movies but James Cameron does an amazing job with not only the animation but with the storyline as well. Congratulations James Cameron!
8) Crack head passed out after cooking meth in the back seat of car. Thirty-one-year-old Nathan E. Beasley A.K.A. Tennessee’s Meth Chef was found by a cop passed out in his car on New Year’s Day while a batch of methamphetamine was cooking in the back seat. This is a true druggie, couldn’t he just wait until he got home! Now he’s being held on a $15,000 bond and no 'mo' money for his meth. I just chose this one because I thought it was wacky.
7) Travis Pastrana’s breaks world record for jump in rally car in Long Beach on New Years’ Eve. I was on my way to go see Travis with my boyfriend and two friends when we realized it was better to stay local and get drunk instead of risking getting harassed by the Long Beach Police, who are very well-known for their power trips. But overall it seemed a good turn out; a lot of people went to see Travis and he broke the world record.
6) In 2009 less people were sentenced to Death Row since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976. Just 106 people were sentenced to death, compared with three times that many in the 1990s, according to a report by the non-profit Death Penalty Information Center. I guess this is good news but the only downfall is that innocent people are still dying fighting a war no one understands. The reason why there’s fewer people getting sentenced to deat row is because it cost A LOT of money. Money our country doesn’t have or doesn’t want to spend on this. They better not! We need more jobs.
5) While in the U.S. there’s less people being sentenced to death row, Uganda introduced the Anti-Homosexuality Bill of 2009, which threatens to hang homosexuals, after three American evangelical Christians visited Uganda in March to discuss teachings about “curing” homosexuals, the NY Times reported. These three Americans have been widely discredited in the United States. Now the Americans are saying they had no intention leading a bill to impose a death sentence for homosexual behavior. This is horrible, what in the world were these people saying at the conference! Why can’t we all just get along?
4) Evans defeats Silva in this weekends’ UFC fight. Thiago Silva was close to beating former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans with a pair of crushing right hands midway through the third round, but in the end Evans (14-1-1) won the first two rounds and Silva (14-2) took the third. Evans won a unanimous-decision victory, earning 29-28 scores from all three judges.
3) Carlos Beltran Leyva, family member of one of the biggest Mexican cartels, was arrested in his hometown of Sinaloa. A judge ordered him held for at least 40 days while officials investigate possible charges of organized crime, the Attorney General's Office said in a statement Sunday. His capture came just two weeks after his brother Arturo, known as "el jefe de jefes" (the boss of bosses) of the cartel, was killed in a shootout with marines at a luxury apartment in the city of Cuernavaca. We'll see how much this will help stop the drug war, because since Calderon came into office it seems like a lot more people have been dying. Check out this video posted by El Universal of when Arturo Leyva was killed.
2) Kobe does it again! On New Year’s Day against the Sacramento Kings Kobe shot a three-point basket at the buzzer to give the Lakers a 109-108 victory. It feels good to have the best NBA player!
1) My favorite is the #1 rated NYE party in Los Angeles, Together As One. This year they had a great lineup featuring David Guetta, John Digweed, Markus Schulz,Dubfire, Sander Kleinenberg, Dj Reza & many more. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go =( I would’ve LOVED to see David Guetta. Check out the video of Guetta ending the show. His performance looks AWESOME!! For those who went let me know if it was worth your money.
Posted by Anabell Romero at 5:52 PM