About Me

My photo
- I have a passion to inform - I love being involved in my community - Driven by the fact that I grew up in a largely Latino neighborhood that continues to be faced with many issues that deplete the quality of life for its residents - My favorite colors are blue, black and brown - I'm a proud Banana Slug and Tojan - I don't like donuts - I love cheese - I'm more of a beer girl - I love to love

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Top Artist I'm Listening To

10) Lady Gaga has everyone going crazy over her. The wild fashion, her crazy lyrics, the fun dancing beats; it’s all addicting. I can’t get enough of her.



9) I was so happy to hear Ludacris was coming out with a new album. When I first heard “How Low “ on the radio I liked it right of way. To me Ludacris is the true king of the south, not T.I. as he claims. Battle of the Sexes is hitting stores, March 9, 2010.




8) Grizzly Bear is a Brooklyn-based folk rock band that I can’t wait to see at Coachella this year. Veckatimest is their third full-length album, released on May 26, 2009 on Warp. The album reached #8 on the US Billboard 200 chart.

Their hit “Two Weeks,” which I’m sure you’ve heard on the Volkswagon commercial, has a great video and the song is just one of those jams that takes you to music bliss.




7) Dirty Heads are originally from Huntington Beach, CA. They’re a rock, raggae, hip hop band with similar sounds to Sublime. Actually they’re friends with former Sublime member, Rome Ramirez, who’s featured in my favorite song, “Lay Me Down.” This song is so catchy, I just want to sing it all day, it's awesome!

If you’re a Sublime fan you will definitely enjoy Dirty Heads. Bummer I couldn't go watch them at the Bob Marley Festival this year.



6) Black Eyed Peas just came out with hit after hit this pass year. I've always liked them but unlike other albums I can basically sing along to every song in The E.N.D. Will.i.am is a music genius.



5) Major Lazer is a British collaborative musical project from DJ/Producers Diplo and Switch. Every time I hear “Pon Do Floor” I want to get up and dance. When I’m at the gym I’m listening to their songs, pumping me up. This is another group I’m super excited about watching at Coachella.




4) I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t like Kings of Leon. If there is someone out there who doesn’t like them, let me know. I love this band. I never skip any of their songs when I hear them on the radio even if it’s the 100th time it’s played that day.




3) I’ve always loved Alicia Keys since her first single “Fallin” came out. It seems like every album she releases is always better and better. Right now I LOVE the “Put It In a Love Song” featuring, my all time favorite Diva, Beyonce. Her new, The Element of Freedom, already got raging reviews.

She’s touring right now, and will come to L.A. in April. If anyone wants to take me I’m available. ;)



2) David Guetta is my favorite right now. I can listen to all his songs all day and not get tired of the French DJ. My top song is “When Love Takes Over” featuring, Destiny’s Child, Kelly Rowland, which won a Grammy in 2009. Not only did he come out with a great album but he also helped the Black Eyed Peas success with their chart-breaking album, The E.N.D.

I can’t wait to see him at Coachella this year!



1) I’m a Beyonce lover. She’s the top artist I’m listening to. Actually she’s one of the top singers I’ve listened to for the pass 10 years since she came out. She’s an amazing performer and a talented singer. I can’t say there’s one song I don’t like of hers since she came out with Destiny’s Child. I love some of her pro strong women lyrics and fun beats. When she’s on TV I stop all I’m doing just to watch her breathtaking performances.

And I still haven’t had the privileged to see her in concert. For sure I’m at her next tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment